Extension of reporting deadlines
On March 10, 2022, the Polish Minister of Finance’s regulation1 changing the reporting deadlines for 2021 came into force.
According to its contents, the deadlines for, among other things, the preparation, approval and submission of financial statements due in 2022 are extended as follows:
- by 3 months for private sector entities (excluding entities supervised by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF) – operating in the financial market) and non-governmental organizations;
- by 3 months for personal income taxpayers who keep accounting books (regarding submission of financial statements to the Head of the Polish National Revenue Administration (KAS));
- by 1 month for entities in the public finance sector.
Extended deadlines apply specifically to:
- preparation of trial balance,
- preparation of financial statements, their submission and approval for certain entities,
- preparation of consolidated financial statements.
Detailed information on extensions of deadlines for particular recording and reporting activities for 2021 specified in the Accounting Act can be found in materials published on the website of the Polish Ministry of Finance:
Extension of settlement deadlines
According to the regulation of the Polish Minister of Finance, which came into force on March 19, 20222 the deadlines for certain corporate income tax settlement obligations have also been extended.
The changes apply to all corporate income taxpayers (including those taxed in a lump sum on corporate income).
Until June 30, 2022, the deadlines have been extended:
- for submission of tax declaration (CIT-8, CIT-8AB) on the amount of earned income (incurred loss);
- for payment of due tax indicated in the above-mentioned declaration being a difference between the due tax on income indicated in this declaration and the sum of due advance payments for the period from the beginning of the year;
- for submission of tax declaration on the amount of income earned and lump sum due from capital company incomes (CIT-8E);
- for reporting revenues, costs and income from the transformation in a declaration submitted by taxpayers of lump-sum tax on corporate income.
1 Regulation of the Minister of Finance amending the regulation on determining other deadlines for fulfilling obligations in the scope of records and in the scope of preparing, approving, sharing and transferring to the relevant register, entity or authority reports or information (Journal of Laws 2022, item 561 [PL]).
2 Regulation of the Minister of Finance on extending the deadlines for fulfilling certain corporate income tax obligations (Journal of Laws 2022, item 639 [PL]).
If you have any further questions or require additional information, please contact your business relationship person or use the enquiry form on the HLB Poland website.
Contact us »
This publication is non-binding information and serves for general information purposes. The information provided does not constitute legal, tax or management advice and does not replace individual advice. Despite careful processing, all information in this publication is provided without any guarantee for the accuracy, up-to-date nature or completeness of the information. The information in this publication is not suitable as the sole basis for action and cannot replace actual advice in individual cases. The liability of the authors or getsix® are excluded. We kindly ask you to contact us directly for a binding consultation if required. The content of this publication iis the intellectual property of getsix® or its partner companies and is protected by copyright. Users of this information may download, print and copy the contents of the publication exclusively for their own purposes.